Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sambhavna doesn't mind showing skin at all


This interview is of the time when Sambhavna Seth was given a chance by Bollywood director Subhash Ghai in his movie 36 China Town. The item girl with a hatke attitude was the centre of attraction in Big Boss Season 2 and this interview was taken by The Time of India before the TV show. Sambhavna played the role of a club singer, didn't mind being termed an ‘item girl’ and seemed more than willing to ‘expose’ when required to... The pictures prove that Sambhavna has gained a little weight since that venture!

How did you bag Subhash Ghai’s  36 China Town?
“I had met them seven to eight months ago, and then they saw my show in Ahmedabad. I guess the clincher was my recent music video Aaj kal tere mere pyaar ke. They didn’t tell me much about the film because it is a murder mystery, just that Shahid and Kareena would be playing the lead, and I would be playing a club dancer opposite Upen Patel. They did say that besides an item number, I would also have a few scenes in the film.”

What have you done so far?
“I have acted in Telugu movies and also done item numbers in films like the Nana Patekar starrer Wadh, the Ajay Devgan starrer Zameer, and Jai Prakash’s ‘Sauda’, besides others. I have also done music videos. I have also performed to my songs on shows with Johnny Lever.”

Do you have any problems being termed an ‘item girl’?
“Of course not. That is what I do, and that is what I am good at. I am especially good at dancing and that is the reason why I am being signed up for such special numbers. What’s to be ashamed of? As long as I am willing to do item numbers I don’t mind people calling me an ‘item girl’. However, I would like to move on and take up good roles in films as that would be a natural progression.”

What do you think of the new breed of actresses who are willing to ‘expose’ for their moment in the limelight?
“There’s nothing wrong in exposing – just that it should be done aesthetically. I don’t mind showing skin myself, but that doesn’t mean I will suddenly appear in the two piece bikini. Like I said, there has to be a reason and it has to be done well. As long as that is the case, I have no problems exposing. I admire Mallika Sherawat for what she is doing. I think it requires guts to pave your own way in the film industry and she has done that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment